A 21-year-old Scottish man accused of molesting four children in Tucson in 2014 was extradited to the United States last month to face charges, officials said.
Jordan Kemlo was booked into the Pima County jail on Feb. 23. He was indicted in August 2014 by a Pima County grand jury on felony charges of continuous sex abuse of a child, sexual conduct with a minor under 15, two counts of child molestation and solicitation to commit sexual conduct with a minor, according to Pima County Superior Court documents.
The indictment says the incidents took place between Feb. 10 and May 7, 2014. An arrest warrant issued in October 2014 listed Kemlo’s address as “whereabouts unknown.”
In July 2015, Kemlo was sentenced by a court in Scotland to four years in prison after he was convicted of molesting a neighborhood child from August 2011 through January 2014, according to a report from the Press and Journal.
The victim was 6 years old when Kemlo began molesting him, the Press and Journal reported.
After his arrest, Kemlo told Scotland police, “I never thought of the consequences. I was shocked, confused why it happened” and later claimed that he had previously decided to turn himself in to authorities, but backed out because he was too ashamed, according to the Press and Journal.
It’s unclear from Pima County Superior Court documents why Kemlo was in the United States in 2014, but the Press and Journal reported in 2015 that her had been living in the United States prior to his 2014 arrest in Scotland.
Kemlo was extradited to the United States in February, said Chief Deputy Pima County Attorney Amelia Cramer. The Pima County Attorney’s Office recommended Kemlo be held without bond, saying that his father said he was a continual risk to the victims in the case, according to an initial appearance sheet.
Kemlo, who pleaded not guilty March 2, is being held on a $500,000 cash-only bond. He’s scheduled to appear at a hearing before Judge Janet Bostwick on April 4.