The suspected driver was identified as 50-year-old Hancock resident Garth Jurgensen. Jurgensen was located in the Chocolay Township area during the early morning hours of Monday, at which time he was taken into custody for fleeing and eluding and reckless driving. A search of his vehicle subsequent to his arrest found various ammunition inside. Jurgensen was further charged with being a convicted felon in possession of ammunition.
Based on information received during the investigation a search warrant was executed on a motel room where Jurgensen was staying while in the Marquette area. The search located two firearms in the motel room, one of which was loaded.
Charges authorized for Jurgesen by the Marquette County Prosecutor’s Office include:
- Police Officer – Fleeing 4th Degree
- Reckless Driving
- Police Officer Resisting and Obstructing – 2 counts
- Weapons – Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Weapons – Felon in Possession of Ammunition
- Bond for the six charges was set at $41,000.00
Assisting with this incident was the Chocolay Township Police Department.