#childmolestor | CRIME FILES: Worcester’s outrage as child sex offender avoids jail

OUTRAGE was expressed by our readers a year ago when a child sex offender avoided jail, despite breaking a court order four times imposed on him to protect children.

It was the most read online story in January 2019.

The court heard Keith Holloway of Worcester thrust his exposed genitals against a girl, filmed under the skirts of young women and offered a girl of eight an ice pop, telling her she was ‘beautiful’.

But the then 65-year-old was not sent to jail by Judge Nicholas Cole at Worcester Crown Court because the most recent breach of his sexual harm prevention order was deemed too ‘minor’ and because his defence barrister argued that prison would be ‘crushing’.

It was the fourth time Holloway had breached the same order since it was imposed in September 15, 2017. Three breaches involved his possession of devices (phone or laptop) with cameras and the most serious involved the befriending of a child (the eight-year-old girl).

Holloway, living in Back Lane South, Barbourne at the time, failed to tell his offender manager he had bought a new mobile phone fitted with a camera and was sentenced at Worcester Crown Court.

Although he was permitted to have a mobile phone he did not inform his offender manager he had bought a new one after breaking the old one by dropping it into a sink full of water.

Holloway lowered his head in the dock, covered his face with his hands and at one stage dabbed his eyes with a tissue.

The mobile phone was discovered during an unannounced visit to his home on July 5 2018 by his offender manager. He bought it in Argos on June 13 that year.

READ MORE: CRIME FILES: When ‘killer clown’ craze swept Worcestershire

READ MORE: COURT ROUND-UP: Worcester man spared prison despite attacking woman again

Michael Aspinall, prosecuting, described the defendant’s previous convictions.

The first dates back to 1984 for sending an obscene article in the post.

Holloway was jailed for 51 months on February 7, 2003 for indecent assault on a female under 16. Mr Aspinall said Holloway had approached a three-year-old girl in the corner of a supermarket and began ‘thrusting his pelvis’ into her.

“He was grabbed by the mother. His penis was exposed. Being confronted he began crying and saying he shouldn’t have done it,” said Mr Aspinall.

On that occasion Holloway was detained until police arrived to arrest him.

He received a sentence of nine months in prison suspended for two years for outraging public decency on October 15, 2007 after he used the camera on his mobile phone to photograph young women under their skirts.

Holloway was made subject to a sexual offences prevention order for 10 years but breached that on December 14, 2016 when police discovered during a routine visit that the defendant had a tablet which had a camera facility.

He was fined for this offence on August 24, 2017. As a result of a further breach Holloway was made subject to a sexual harm prevention order which was due to last until October 15, 2027.

When Holloway was visited again by police they found he had a mobile phone with video and camera facility in his hallway which led to a seven month prison sentence, suspended for 24 months on March 6, 2018.

He also befriended a girl of eight, giving her £2 to buy some sweets and also gave her ice pops, telling the girl’s mother her daughter was ‘beautiful’ and inviting her and her daughter to use his newly installed shower unit, Mr Aspinall told the court. Holloway told police he did not think it was a breach of the order because the girl’s mother was present. Mr Aspinall described the breaches as ‘persistent’.

Reader Poguemahone said: “I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

“Child sex offenders cross the forfeiture of humanity threshold. There is only one place for child sex offenders who abuse the humanitarian clemency of a second chance.

NormanBase said: “Only a matter of time before he offends again.”

Liketoknow’ said: “ No consideration for the victims at all.”

Judge Cole sentenced him to a 12-month community order with up to 20 rehabilitation activity days. He imposed a fine of £1,000 and ordered him to pay £350 costs. Both had to be discharged within 28 days.

Source link