This post was contributed by a community member. The views expressed here are the author’s own.
● Frankenstein Hands: Use your mad scientist skills to dissect frozen hands to discover what is trapped inside.
● Candy Catapults: Protecting your Halloween hoard is serious business. Construct and test your own catapults.
● Boo-Be-Gones: You ain’t afraid of no ghosts! Learn how to keep ghosts away with some homemade ghost repellant.
● Predicting the Future: Do you have a sixth sense? See if you can predict the future by studying what comes before it!
● Kepler Planet Hunt: There are thousands of exoplanets in our galaxy and some have gotten lost in our museum. Can you shed some light on their location?
“Spooky Science Night is a fun and safe way to celebrate Halloween. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in person and having a great night of science tricks and treats! “- Kerri Kiker, Planetarium Education Coordinator .
All young participants are encouraged to dress in costume according to rules in adherence with CDC guidelines as defined on the museum’s web site at www.cradleofaviation.org/spook…. There are a limited number of tickets available to ensure social distancing requirements are met throughout the duration of the program. Families will follow a schedule of events from the time of entry to the time of event conclusion.
Family Science Nights are designed to help families spend fun quality time together while building self-esteem, strengthening bonds, & creating memories. With STEM occupations expected to grow to more than 9 million between 2012 and 2022*, Family Science Nights are an easy way to introduce & experience activities related to Science, Technology, Engineering , & Math. Tickets can be purchased at www.cradleofaviation.org or 516-572-4066.
The Cradle of Aviation Museum & Education Center is home to over 75 planes and spacecraft representing over 100 years of aviation history and Long Island’s only Giant Screen Dome Theater. The museum is located on Museum Row, Charles Lindbergh Blvd., in Garden City. Call (516) 572-4111 or visit www.cradleofaviation.org
The views expressed in this post are the author’s own. Want to post on Patch?
The rules of replying:
- Be respectful. This is a space for friendly local discussions. No racist, discriminatory, vulgar or threatening language will be tolerated.
- Be transparent. Use your real name, and back up your claims.
- Keep it local and relevant. Make sure your replies stay on topic.
- Review the Patch Community Guidelines.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .