THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY TRAVEL TIPS
(SANTA ANA) – Holiday travel may look different this year, and airports across the country are implementing safe travel measures for what is traditionally a busy travel season. Passengers traveling through John Wayne Airport during the Thanksgiving holiday between November 20 through November 30, 2020, can expect to experience a number of measures designed to keep Airport guests safe.
“As passengers take to the skies this holiday season, we encourage everyone to be mindful of safe and healthy travel practices said Chairwoman Michelle Steel.” “Passengers are encouraged to review the Airport’s Healthy Travels practices and plan accordingly to avoid delays and enjoy stress-free holiday travel.”
- TSA is allowing one liquid hand sanitizer up to 12 ounces per passenger in carry-on bags until further notice. Learn more about the TSA “Stay Healthy, Stay Secure” campaign here.
- Passengers wearing face coverings during the TSA screening process may be asked to adjust it to confirm identity.
- Know the Transportation Security Administration’s 3-1-1 Liquids Rule for carry-on bags. Traveling with food tip: If you can spill it, spread it, pump it, or pour it, the TSA considers this item a liquid. View more TSA Thanksgiving travel tips here or a list of frequently asked TSA questions here.
- Enroll in TSA Pre✓® to expedite screening and reduce touch points.
- There are specific rules and exceptions for passengers traveling with infant care items. Visit TSA Tips for Traveling with Children for more information.
- Utilize the Cell Phone Waiting Lot or 2-hour parking spaces located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C. Vehicle access to the Terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Color-coded and numbered columns along the white curb on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway make meeting arriving passengers easy.
Ride Apps Uber, Lyft, and Wingz:
- Arriving guests should be aware of ride app pick-up locations on the Departure (upper) Level in Parking Structures A2 and B2 directly across from the Riley Terminal and in Parking Structure C on Level 3 next to the Southwest ticketing area. Ride app drop-off locations are curbside on the Departure Level. More information is available here.
COVID-19 Travel Resources:
- The California Department of Public Health issued an advisory for non-essential travel: Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. Click here to learn more.
- The US Department of Transportation provides useful information regarding traveling during the pandemic and the airline passenger experience at flyhealthy.gov.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides helpful information and a list of things to consider regarding travel during the pandemic here.
For more travel tips and additional information about John Wayne Airport, visit www.ocair.com.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is owned by the County of Orange and is operated as a self-supporting enterprise that receives no general fund tax revenue. The Airport serves more than 10 million passengers annually and reaches more than 20 nonstop destinations in the United States, Canada and Mexico. More information can be found at www.ocair.com. Like us on facebook.com/johnwayneairport, or follow us on Twitter @johnwayneair and Instagram @johnwayneair.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically, go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.
This press release was produced by the John Wayne Airport . The views expressed here are the author’s own.