Reports show that a 2005 Ford 500 was traveling through the area of Holmes Road in East 195th Street when he became involved in a collision with a 2004 Ford F350 pickup truck. Both vehicles were extensively damaged as a result of the crash and had to be towed from the scene.
Two people inside the Ford F 500, 27-year-old Dottie Huff and a 3-year-old male, were both injured. The two victims were transported by ambulance to Overland Park Regional Hospital, where they were provided emergency treatment.
The crash remains under investigation.
Our thoughts are with Dottie Huff and the child injured in this accident
Car Accidents in Missouri
Every day, countless people are hurt as a result of crashes in Missouri. People who are harmed in accidents are often forced to deal with overwhelming consequences. Physical injuries can severely debilitate those who are harmed. Some of the most common injuries that we see following car crashes in our state include:
- Broken bones: Injuries that commonly result from car crashes include broken bones. Broken bones can occur anywhere in the body and can be extremely painful. If the bone is displaced, it can cause extensive damage and may require surgery to fix.
- Concussion: A concussion is a serious injury that can affect your brain. Symptoms of a concussion can include headaches, difficulty concentrating, memory problems, and dizziness.
- Sprains and strains: Sprains and strains are common injuries that result from car crashes. Sprains occur when the ligaments that connect the joints in your body are torn.
- Lacerations: Lacerations are tears in the skin that can occur anywhere on your body. They can be very serious, and they may require surgery to fix them.
- Burn injuries: Burn injuries can occur when something, such as a hot car engine, touches your skin and causes intense pain. If the burn is severe, it may require surgery to repair it.
- Head Trauma: Head trauma can be very serious and can lead to coma, brain damage, and even death.
If you have been harmed as a result of an auto accident, a car accident lawyer in Mt Pleasant Township can help you pursue a personal injury lawsuit against the person responsible.
Our lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. are here to help you seek the maximum compensation possible for your damages. After your crash, we will help you get the money you need for your medical treatment, repairs for your vehicle, and more.
Schedule a consultation with our team today by calling 816-888-8888. Our lawyers can meet with you to get started at your earliest convenience.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.