Understanding Illinois’ Graduated Driver Licensing, Driver’s Ed Curriculum, and Parent’s Role for 50-Hours Behind-the-Wheel
The New Lenox Safe Communities America Coalition has developed a program for parents of new teen drivers. The event will take place via Zoom video conference on Wednesday, November 11, 2020 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm.
The program will feature guest speakers from the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office, Lincoln-Way Community High School District 210 Driver’s Education Department, Village of New Lenox, and Country Financial.
The program will cover the following:
- Illinois’ Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) Program – history, phases & sanctions.
- Lincoln-Way Driver’s Education curriculum – permit, classroom, and behind-the-wheel instruction.
- Guidance and helpful tips for parents regarding their teen’s mandated 50 hours of behind-the-wheel practice driving.
- Auto Insurance considerations having a teen driver in the house.
- Information from the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office / Life Goes On Organ Tissue Donor Program.
The GDL Parent-Teen Driving Guide created by the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office will be available as a PDF and a “Student Driver” magnetic car sign will be available compliments of our event coordinator, Rocky Dellamano from Country Financial.
For questions about the program, please contact Daniel Martin, Safe Community Coordinator, Village of New Lenox, at (815) 462-6493 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.