Halloween is quickly approaching and the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) would like to remind everyone to be safe while trick or treating.
- Choose a costume with bright colours or wear reflectors/reflective tape.
- Ensure your costume fits properly to prevent trips and falls (avoid baggy clothing and oversized shoes).
- Only visit homes that are well lit and never go inside a stranger’s home.
- Have a parent or adult check your can dy before eating it.
- Carry a flashlight and cell phone if possible.
- Avoid criss-crossing the street, use intersections and crosswalks and stay on sidewalks where possible.
- Never trick or treat alone, go in a group or with an adult.
“Motorists are reminded to drive with caution, reduce speed in residential areas and be on the lookout for trick or tr eaters.” Said Acting Inspector Marty McConnell, Leeds County OPP. “Have a safe and fun Halloween.”