Someone stole a 2016 Lexus from a driveway in the 1700 block of Winthrop Road after the keys were left inside at some point between 9 p.m. Sept. 9 and 3:30 p.m. Sept. 10. The car was later found in Chicago.
Thieves in a blue Hyundai Santa Fe from the late 2000s stole $50 worth of orange plastic mesh and cable used as temporary fencing at the Ace Hardware, 1393 Half Day Road, police were told around noon on Sept. 15.
Someone damaged a political sign on display in the 500 block of Michigan Avenue between 8 a.m. and noon on Sept. 17, police were told.
Around 8 p.m. on Sept. 19, someone discovered a fire had been set in the skate park, with a piece of the bleacher torn apart and set ablaze. The fire department was called to extinguish the fire.
- Someone got into an unlocked Ford and Infiniti left unlocked in the 2600 block of Kelly Lane during the night of Sept. 11 or early morning hours of Sept. 12, stealing cash and a pair of wireless headphones from inside.
- Someone burglarized an unlocked Dodge in the 2700 block of Kelly Lane during the night of Sept. 11 or early morning hours of Sept. 12, but nothing was reported stolen from inside.
- A burglar stole a purse, keys, bank cards and identification from a Lexus parked in the 400 block of Hazel Avenue prior to 12:15 a.m. on Sept. 13, later making multiple unauthorized purchases with stolen cards at unspecified locations after the theft. Police did not say whether the car was locked.
- Someone burglarized a Subaru parked in the 100 block of Laurel Avenue with the driver’s side window down between 1 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sept. 13, stealing two bottles of prescription medication, cash and four silver dollar coins.
- A male burglar in a red Dodge Caravan stole an edge trimmer worth $300 from an unlocked landscape trailer around 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 16.
- Someone stole a purse from the trunk of a possibly unlocked 2012 Mercedes Benz parked at the Openlands lot off Patten Road. Police were told the theft likely took place between noon and 12:30 p.m. on Sept. 16, but it was not discovered until 5 p.m. Someone made unauthorized charges at a Mariano’s in Hoffman Estates after the theft.
Michael Lee McGrone, 38, of the 1300 block of North Laramie Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 12:30 a.m. on Sept. 11 and charged with possession of a stolen automobile following an encounter with police at an unspecified location around 10:30 p.m. on Sept. 10. No information on the circumstances of his arrest was immediately available from police.
Nicholas M. Caban, 18, of the 3400 block of Dato Avenue, Highland Park, was arrested around 2 a.m. on Sept. 11 and charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance following an encounter with police at an unspecified location around 11:15 p.m. on Sept. 10. No further information was immediately available about the circumstances of his arrest.
Marcus Eugene Hampton, 21, of the 1600 block of Wedgewood Drive, Gurnee, was arrested around 11:45 p.m. on Sept. 11 and charged with possession of between 30 and 100 grams of cannabis following a traffic stop for unspecified reasons in the 1800 block of Skokie Valley Road.
Joy C. Dziadkowiec, 48, of the 500 block of Linden Drive, Round Lake, was arrested around 12:15 a.m. on Sept. 15 and charged with driving under the influence of drugs, or a combination of drugs and alcohol, and driving without a valid license following an investigation into a crash in the area of Skokie Valley Road and Park Avenue West. She was also cited for operating and uninsured motor vehicle and failure to reduce speed to avoid a crash.
Andrew James Vivian, 33, of the 400 block of Briarwood Place, Highland Park, was arrested around 2 a.m. on Sept. 18 at an unspecified location and charged with two counts of misdemeanor domestic battery.
Mattthew Edward Pochowicz, 24, of the 1300 block of Oak Avenue, Evanston, was arrested around 11 p.m. on Sept. 18 and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, driving under the influence of alcohol with a breath alcohol concentration of 0.08 or greater and improper lane usage following a traffic stop near the intersection of Skokie Valley and Clavey roads.
Jessica E. Brown, 33, of the 3300 block of Patricia Lane, Park City, was arrested around 3:30 a.m. on Sept. 19 following a traffic stop near the intersection of Skokie Valley and Half Day roads and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and driving under the influence of alcohol with a breath alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more. She was also cited for unlawful possession of cannabis by a driver, improper lane usage and speeding more than 35 mph over the posted limit.
Quenton Earl Ferguson, 24, of the 600 block of Grand Avenue, Waukegan, Nathan Samuel Dunn, 28, of the 700 block of North Linden Avenue, Waukegan, and Anthony Mikel Scott Jr., 27, of the 8100 block of West Sheridan Avenue, Milwaukee, were arrested following a traffic stop conducted after 4:30 a.m. on Sept. 20 near Skokie Valley and Half Day roads. Ferguson, the driver was charged with driving under the influence of a combination of drugs and alcohol and driving without a license. He was also issued citations for speeding 35 mph above the limit, unlawful use of cannabis by a driver and improper lane usage. Dunn, the front seat passenger, was taken into custody on an active Lake County arrest warrant stemming from a pending domestic battery case. Scott, the rear seat passenger, was cited for unlawful possession of cannabis and charged with felony unlawful possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Earlier: Bakery Ban For Repeat Jam Thief; Highland Park Man Faces DUI Charge After Crash; Blue Island Resident Accused Of Bringing Shoplifting Tool To Supermarket: Highland Park Police Blotter, Aug. 31 to Sept. 6
Stay Patched In!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .