Gang members involved in fight outside strip club | #students | #parents

Police were called to a Dunedin strip club after reports of a fight out front.
Andy Jackson/Stuff

Police were called to a Dunedin strip club after reports of a fight out front.

Gang members were caught up in a fight with Dunedin locals outside a strip club.

Police were called to Stilettos Revue Bar on Princes St after reports of a fight involving gang members about 3.30am on Saturday.

Senior Sergeant Craig Dinnissen said “numerous people” were reportedly involved, with most fleeing the scene before officers arrived, while others were uncooperative.

The fight allegedly involved members of the King Cobras and Killer Bees, who were in Dunedin for a funeral, fighting against Dunedin locals.

* Brazen thief steals Otago police station sign
* Coronavirus: Burglar and drink-driver caught during lockdown
* Hundreds of students miss out on mumps vaccine after Otago outbreak

No-one was charged over the incident.

Police also investigated another minor assault near the club, and three further “scuffles” which broke out on Princes St, Dinnissen said.

On Saturday night, police were called to a report of a peeping tom outside a Queen St flat in the student quarter.

A woman was having a shower when she saw a cellphone being held through a window.

A police dog unit was called, tracking a person to an Albany St address, but the dogs could not find the person did not locate due to the amount of people in the area.

A 23-year-old man was processed for drink-driving, after crashing his vehicle into a trailer on Evan St, in the suburb of Opoho.

He fled the scene and continued to drive erratically around North Dunedin, and was later stopped by police on St Andrew St, Dinnissen said.

He recorded a breath alcohol reading of 799 micrograms per litre of breath.

The legal limit is 250mcg.

Police also arrested an 18-year-old man, after his vehicle was spotted overtaking on Victoria Rd.

He failed to stop when signalled, and the pursuit was abandoned.

His car was later found on Tomahawk Rd, and a police dog was able to track the driver to a nearby lagoon.

Police were also called to Logan Park football turf after a report of a small fire in the middle of the field.

Dinnissen said it was unable to be determined from the group of onlookers who started the fire.

Source link

.  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .   .   .   .   .   .  .   .   .   .  .  .   .  .