Kappa Delta Sorority Hosts 48-Hour Seesaw-A-Thon for Child Abuse Prevention

LUBBOCK, TX (NEWS RELEASE) — Kappa Delta Sorority at Texas Tech University will host a 48-hour Seesaw-A-Thon fundraiser in support of child abuse prevention Feb. 25-March 1 at Lubbock’s South Plains Mall.

The 48-hour Seesaw-A-Thon will take place from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily in the mall’s food court. The event will provide opportunities to make donations and purchase raffle tickets for a variety of prizes.

The South Plains region consistently holds one of the highest per capita rates of child abuse in the state. 80 percent of the proceeds generated from the Seesaw-A-Thon will remain in West Texas, directly benefitting the Children’s Advocacy Center of the South Plains (CAC). The remaining 20 percent will go to Prevent Child Abuse America, the sorority’s national philanthropy, for nationwide public awareness programs.

Julie Williams, Vice-President of Community Service for the Zeta Alpha chapter of Kappa Delta, said her goal is to raise more than last year’s donation amount of $25,000 for the CAC of Lubbock.

“It’s a powerful feeling to know that 80 percent of the money we raise stays right here in Lubbock and helps our local community, ” said Williams.

“We look forward to having the community come out and support this great cause and help us raise a record number of funds for the CAC of Lubbock.”

For more information contact Darcy LeDoux at ttkdpublicrelations@gmail.com.

Kappa Delta Sorority is a national organization for women with nearly 230,000 members, 147 active collegiate chapters and more than 500 chartered alumnae chapters nationwide.  Kappa Delta Sorority began supporting Prevent Child Abuse America in 1981, and began the nationwide Shamrock Event in 1893. More than $6 million has been raised through these events to benefit child abuse prevention efforts across the country.

source: http://www.everythinglubbock.com/story/d/story/kappa-delta-sorority-hosts-48-hour-seesaw-a-thon-f/35464/jeIUa3YHK02a-b-jUH8FpA