LANSING — A 17-year-old from Lansing has been charged in the shooting last year near Sexton High School that left four teens wounded.
Timothy Minor III is charged as an adult with assault with intent to murder, carrying a concealed weapon and felony firearm.
At an arraignment Tuesday in 54A District Court, Judge Hugh Clarke Jr. set Minor’s bond at $150,000. Minor asked for a court-appointed attorney.
The shooting happened Sept. 17, 2013 about two blocks away from the high school, shortly after the final bell. Three Sexton students — a 17-year-old girl and two boys, 14 and 15 — suffered gunshot wounds that were not life threatening. There was a fourth victim, a 15-year-old boy, who showed up later at a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Officials never said whether he was a student.
A disagreement involving multiple teenagers led to the shooting. A group of students decided to go to the area where the shooting happened possibly to settle an argument, police have said.
Minor, who was 16 when the shooting happened, was not a registered student at the time, according to Lansing schools spokesman Bob Kolt.
A 16-year-old boy already has been charged as a juvenile in the shooting, officials said. He is not being named by the Lansing State Journal because he is a juvenile.
A third teen, Narrion Lamont Caston, is charged as an adult in the incident — but not with firing a gun. Officials declined to discuss Caston’s alleged involvement. In March, he was ordered to stand trial on charges of carrying a concealed weapon and felony firearm.