Midsomer Norton man facing child abuse allegations dies | #childabuse | #children | #kids


The prosecution of a Midsomer Norton man charged with several child sexual abuse allegations has been closed due to his death. The case of Gary Porter was mentioned at Bristol Crown Court today (Wednesday, June 22).

Mr Porter, 59, had been charged with sexually abusing three youngsters. The charges spanned just over 20 years, the court heard.

Offences he was accused of relating to the first alleged victim included three indecent assaults and indecency with a child. Alleged offences involving the second complainant included sexual assault of a child and sexual activity with a child, and offences alleged against the third complainant included two sexual assaults of a child aged under 13.

READ MORE: Man denies gun, drugs and forced labour charges

Ian Fenny, prosecuting via video link, told the court: “The defendant died on May 24, 2022. The matter was adjourned until today for sufficient material to enable your honour to follow the recommended procedure.”

Judge Euan Ambrose confirmed he had seen a death certificate showing the name and date of birth of the defendant. He said he was satisfied with material provided to him that Mr Porter was deceased.

Judge Ambrose said: “The file is closed.” The circumstances of his death were not discussed.

Sign up for our new Bristol’s Court Insider newsletter for the latest court and crime news – from arrests to trials and sentencings

READ NEXT:

Guilty plea entered to violent disorder charge at Bristol Kill the Bill protest

Prolific teen offender gets his first taste of custody

‘Incorrigible paedophile’ jailed for child rapes





Source link

.  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .   .   .   .   .   .  .   .   .   .  .  .   .  .