- Trafficking a person under the age of 18;
- Procuring a person under the age of 18;
- Sexual exploitation;
- Arrangement for sexual offence against a child;
- Obtaining sexual services for consideration;
- Material benefit from sex trafficking;
- Advertisement of sexual services;
- Overcoming resistance to commission of offence;
- Sexual assault;
- Sexual interference; and
- Invitation to sexual touching.
“Our primary concern is supporting this child victim and exhausting every measure to ensure she is protected from her alleged perpetrator. We need to get him in custody and we need the public’s help in locating him,” said Staff Sergeant Frank Page, ALERT.
The child was apprehended pursuant to the Protection of Sexually Exploited Children Act and has received support and specialized care resources. She has since been returned to the care of her mother.
ALERT says its investigation began in May 2022, with assistance from Fort McMurray RCMP, Kelowna RCMP, and Vancouver Police.
ALERT’s Human Trafficking Counter Exploitation unit investigates domestic human trafficking involving sexual exploitation occurring in Alberta. The integrated unit also works in collaboration with agencies and organizations involved in rescuing and supporting survivors of human trafficking and sexual exploitation. Survivors of sex trafficking can call 211 for help.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Alexander is encouraged to contact local police or Crime Stoppers. The suspect is known to carry weapons and should not be approached.
Read more Lethbridge News Now.