#minorsextrafficking | House Republicans Question ABC News on Epstein Story Coverup

House Republicans have called upon ABC News to explain its actions in what some say has been a coverup of evidence involving convicted sex-offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Epstein was arrested on July 6, 2019 on federal charges for sex trafficking of minors and allegedly hanged himself while in federal custody. Despite the official story being that Epstein committed suicide, many claim that Epstein was murdered in an attempt to cover up his crimes as well as the crimes of his countless associates, many of whom are members of the political and Hollywood elite. Despite his controversial death, however, evidence has continued to surface that reveals his abuse of minors went on for decades and involved a large number of women and children.

Project Veritas recently posted a video that reveals executives at ABC News may have helped to conceal a story about Epstein’s crimes as far back as three years ago, despite the fact that Epstein already had a reputation for sex crimes involving minors. In 2008, he plead guilty to a felony charge of solicitation of prostitution involving a minor and served 13 months in prison for that crime.

The leaked footage features ABC News anchor Amy Robach claiming the U.K.’s Prince Andrew was implicated based on the information she had gathered.


ABC News has attempted to explain away the Project Veritas video. “At the time, not all of our reporting met our standards to air, but we have never stopped investigating the story. Ever since, we’ve had a team on this investigation and substantial resources dedicated to it,” an ABC News spokesperson told Fox News. “That work has led to a two-hour documentary and six-part podcast that will air in the new year.”

House Republicans assert those efforts are not good enough and are seeking answers.

The Washington Times reports House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and two other top Republicans — Representative Doug Collins, ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee, and Representative Michael McCaul, ranking member of the House Foreign Relations Committee — addressed a letter to ABC News President James Goldston on Sunday accusing the network of “bury[ing] the truth” and asking for additional information pertaining to the network’s decision to bury the story and whether anyone at the network reported their findings to the proper authorities.

“As you must have seen, a video has emerged of ABC News anchor, Amy Robach, expressing regret and frustration over a decision by ABC News executives three years ago to not publish a firsthand account from one of Jeffrey Epstein’s accusers,” the letter begins.

“In the video, Ms. Robach remarks her evidence was collected over three years ago, but was ‘quashed’ because she was told ‘no one knows who [Epstein] is,’ therefore rendering it a ‘stupid story,’” the letter continues.

The letter states that Robach had been presented with first-hand evidence of human trafficking and that ABC News’ decision to bury that information directly conflicts with the U.S. Congress’ “aggressive bipartisan action to stop such atrocities.” Moreover, the letter contends ABC News failed the victim who came forward.

“I am deeply concerned that this victim, in search of justice, went to ABC News, provided information and an interview, and ABC chose to bury the truth,” the letter adds. “This was a decision that Ms. Robach alluded was due to protecting powerful people or financial interests.”

According to the letter, the executives’ actions have consequently resulted in few victims coming forward to stop the heinous actions of the guilty parties, and, more importantly, failed to save any number of minors from human trafficking in the three years since the information was first squashed.

The letter poses several key questions to the executives at ABC News, including whether the network would be willing to provide Congress the interview Ms. Robach conducted with the victim. The letter also seeks to learn who was involved in the decision to bury the story, and whether anyone at ABC News contacted the authorities with the information derived from Robach’s research.

“It is imperative that the public be assured newsroom decisions regarding exposing human trafficking are not tampered by financial interests or outside forces,” the letter closes.

Some say the fact that ABC News is one of the Walt Disney Company’s assets is noteworthy. Fox News notes Disney has been strangely “silent” over the revelations from the leaked video.

Media Research Center vice president Dan Gainor told Fox News, “To think that a division of that company wouldn’t go out of its way to defend children from a monster is appalling.”

Unfortunately, Disney is no stranger to allegations of sexual abuse against children. The former VP of Walt Disney was found guilty of four counts of first-degree sexual abuse in May. And at least 35 workers at Disney World have been arrested during various child sex investigations involving children since 2006, the Epoch Times reports.


Source link