#minorsextrafficking | Moulton Challenger Goes On The Offensive: Patch PM

SALEM, MA — It’s Tuesday, July 21. Here’s what Patch has been covering on the North Shore and across Massachusetts today.

Angus McQuilken, a gun control advocate and one of two candidates challenging Rep. Seth Moulton in September’s Democratic primary, says Moulton should return all of the more than $78,000 he received in campaign contributions from hedge fund manager Glenn Dubin and his wife over the past five years. Dubin is one of the prominent men accused of having sex with underage girls in the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.

Moulton did donate $5,000 from those donations in September when Dubin was first accused by one of Epstein’s victims, but said at the time the rest of the money had already been spent. Moulton’s campaign said it was “disgusting” that McQuilken was “exploiting for political gain one of the worst human trafficking and child sex scandals ever reported.” . Read more.

Also on the North Shore today:

No Charges After Gun Drawn In Marblehead Argument

Gov. Charlie Baker has extended the state ban on evictions and foreclosures until Oct. 17. The moratorium, which has been in effect since April 20, was set to expire Aug. 18. It bans non-emergency evictions and foreclosures while the state struggles to find its footing amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Related stories:


Source link