So, here are a few apps to help you keep up with your child’s education during these uncertain times.
Bedtime MathThe creators of Bedtime Math say they want to make math a part of your family’s routine as beloved as the bedtime story.
The app has math concepts for ages 3 and up.
The Human Body
It explores parts of our body and how they work, with sound effects. They warn children that when they feed the body a feast, they should watch out for burps, barfs and farts.
Professor Astro Cat’s Solar System
In this lesson, your child is exploring the Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, the Earth, with factoids about each planet. Professor Astro Cat says the app will keep kids engaged and give parents peace of mind.
Other education apps include:
DragonBox Numbers brings math to life by turning numbers into colorful and relatable characters, called Nooms.
Kids can explore the magic of nature in Toca Nature.
Lightbot : Code Hour promises to get kids hooked on coding within minutes!
Osmo Coding Awbie uses hands-on physical blocks to control Awbie, a playful character who loves delicious strawberries.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area’s shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor’s Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7’s interactive town hall ‘Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation’
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here’s how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area — COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here’s why you should practice ‘social distancing’
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7’s drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here’s how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here’s a look at some of history’s worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19
Copyright © 2020 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.