Virtual Teen Tech for Seniors: What is an App? – Useful Apps for Seniors
Saturday, 2/13, 10:30 -11:30 am
We keep hearing the word “app”. It seems like there is an app for everything these days! “App” is actually short for ‘application’. Once installed it can help with carrying out a specific task. There are hundreds of apps out there! So how do you make use of them, how do you download an app? Most importantly, how do you make it work for you? Join us to learn more about apps and get to know about some useful ones that can be helpful for seniors.
Popular apps for seniors:
• Medisafe – reminder to take your medication
• Google Maps – parking spot reminder
• Magnifying Glass with light (no glasses needed just your phone!),
• “Whats App” – a group that allows you to stay connected with friends and family
• Free apps vs paid apps – how to tell the difference and not to accidentally purchase one.
• Private information safety
There will be a Q&A to answer any questions regarding this topic at the end of the session. Please register on the library’s online events calendar here or call the library at 914-232-5717. You will receive an email prior to each meeting with a Zoom invitation.
Somers Library programs are funded by The Friends of the Library – thanks for your support!
The Somers Library ~ 914-232-5717 ~ www.somerslibrary.org Please register.