‘WalkSafe’ allows users to look across an area and see how many crimes have been committed, the type of crime and how long ago it was reported. The key works as follows:
- Red- violence/sexual assault
- Black- knife crime
- Light Blue- feeling unsafe
- Yellow- mugging
Following the tragic death of Sarah Everard, apps like this aim to keep women, men and children safe from any existing dangers in their area.
To get the latest email updates from Yorkshire Live, click here .
The most common crime type is sexual assault, then knife crime, muggings and feeling unsafe in Doncaster, according to the app’s map.
A list of the most dangerous areas to walk according to data from the app
- Nether Hall Road area, Central Doncaster (1 violence/sexual assault, 8 knife crimes)
- Hexthorpe (5 violence/sexual assault, 4 knife crimes, 1 feeling unsafe)
- Conisbrough (21 violence/sexual assault)
- Edlington Lane (6 violence/sexual assault, 1 knife crime)
- Mexborough (7 violence/sexual assault, 5 knife crimes)
- Rossington (9 violence/sexual assault, 2 knife crimes, 1 feeling unsafe)
- Bessacarr (11 violence/sexual assault, 2 knife crimes, 1 mugging)
- Truro Avenue to Beckett Road, Wheatley (6 violence/sexual assault)
- Mill Street/Hatfield Lane, Armthorpe (5 violence/sexual assault, 1 knife crime)