Raphaël Pauwaert, from Brussels, died no longer up to a month after getting pneumonia, which medical doctors attributed to vaping.
“He played rugby, so he turn into a sturdy boy,” acknowledged his father Thierry, 45, “In a single week, nonetheless, I seen him decay accurate into a rupture. And after 26 days in a coma, we had to bury him.”
Clinical doctors acknowledged the demise turn into most likely triggered by his e-cigarette or its liquid filling, which a chum had given him as an 18th birthday gift.
“I hope that the demise of my son can support forestall other victims of the e-cigarette,” Mr Pauwaert acknowledged.
On Monday, it turn into reported that Ewan Fisher, a British 16-yr-historical, wished existence beef up after rising a vaping-linked respiratory illness.