At one point there was reportedly only one jug of water available for 1000+ attendees that according to one account was “barely being refilled throughout the night”. Because of this, attendees had to go to the toilet and fill up small cups of water with the taps in there.
The venue is also said to have been “dangerously oversold” with “dangerously high temperatures”. Numerous people were reported to have collapsed in the venue because of the sweltering heat, “without aid of the unhelpful bouncers”. One attendee said that “you would pass out if you stayed in there too long”.
Queues to the smoking area were also said to be extremely big, so it was hard for people to get fresh air.
A Warwick District Council spokesperson has stated its licensing team “are aware of the issues that occurred over the weekend at The Assembly and are working with the police to establish all of the facts”.
Warwickshire Polce are investigating the incident, stating that: “Enquiries are ongoing and we continue to work with all of our partners to investigate the full circumstances of the incident. We will not be commenting further whilst the investigation is ongoing”.
Louis Chant is a freelance writer, follow him on Twitter