Prosecution refers Maadi child molestation case to criminal court – Politics – Egypt | #childabductors


Egypt’s Public Prosecution referred to criminal court on Wednesday a 37-year-old man accused of kidnapping and molesting a child in Cairo’s Maadi district, the prosecution said in a statement.

The man was arrested on Tuesday after a video went viral online that appears to show him molesting a seven-year-old street vendor after luring her into the stairwell of a building.


Earlier on Wednesday, the prosecution ordered his detention for four days pending investigation.


The defendant “lured [the child] into a building with the aim of keeping her away from the watchful eye of her guardians,” after which he sexually assaulted her by groping, the prosecution said in its statement.


The prosecution added that it has gathered evidence against the defendant based on the CCTV footage that recorded the incident as well as the testimony of the child and four other witnesses.


In Egypt, the maximum penalty for the molestation of minors under the age of 12 is seven years in prison.


Earlier on Wednesday, MP Amin Masoud announced that he will submit a draft bill proposing harsher prison sentences for child molesters.


The lawmaker said that the proposal aims to address all incidents that cause physical and psychological harm to underage victims.

Short link:

 



Source link
.  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .   .   .   .   .   .  .   .   .   .  .  .   .  .