January 12, 2021 – 7:00pm
The next Carson City School District School Board meeting will take place tonight, Tuesday Jan. 12 beginning at 7 p.m. at the Bob Boldrick Theater within the Carson City Community Center.
The public is restricted to remote participation due to COVID-19 at this time. Members of the public who wish to attend the meeting remotely may do so by going to the Carson City School District website; www.carsoncityschools.com > School Board > Join 1/12 School Board Meeting, which provides the options for virtual and telephonic participation.
— A discussion and possible action will be led by Superintendent Richard Stokes on the annual authorization fo the Carson City School District to apple for and manage federal, state, foundation and private funding including programs authorized under the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015, Pre-Kindergarten, Nutrition, School Safety, At-Risk Counseling Services, and more.
— Additionally , a first reading will be held for a possible amendment of CCSD Bylaw 050, Organization.
— A discussion and possible action will be held regarding the election of officers for the Board of Trustees, including Board President, Vice President, and Clerk for the ensuing year.
— A discussion and possible action will also be held designating a day, place and time for regular meetings of the Board for the ensuing year.
— A discussion and possible action will be held on the annual adoption and reaffirmation of existing bylaws and policies of the Board.
— A discussion and possible action will be held regarding the appointment of Trustees to serve on committees and associations, including the following, for the ensuing year:
- Director on the Nevada Association of School Boards
- Alternate Director on the Nevada Association of School Boards
- Member, Carson City Parks & Recreation Committee
- Debt Management Commission
- Partnership Carson City
- Legislative Liaison
- Representative(s) to Superintendent’s Board Policy Review Committee
- Representative(s) to Superintendent’s School Naming Committee
- Representative(s) to Superintendent’s Joint Advisory Committee
- Representative to Carson City Schools Foundation
- Representative to Wellness Committee
- Representative to Student Attendance Review Board (SARB)
- Representative on the Emergency Operations Development Committee
— An informational update will be held regarding the Eagle Valley Middle School Traffic Study completed by Manhard Consulting.
Upcoming activities and events:
– Monday, January 18, 2021, Martin Luther King Holiday; No School
– Thursday, January 21, 2021, Bond Meeting, 11:30 a.m. via Zoom
– Thursday, January 21, 2021, EVMS Community Meeting, 6:00 p.m.,
– Monday, February 15, 2021, President’s Day Holiday; No School
To read the agenda in its entirety, please visit https://www.carsoncityschools.com