First, today’s weather:
Becoming cloudy and colder. High: 37, low: 33.
Rent this space!
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Smithtown? We’d love to start showcasing trusted businesses who can solve problems for our amazing local readers. Learn more about how it works.
Here are the top stories in Smithtown today:
- A Bay Shore teen is under arrest for driving drunk and hitting two pedestrians in Islip, killing one of them on Christmas. Police said the 18-year-old from Bay Shore was driving east on Union Boulevard around 2:45 p.m. when he crossed over the westbound lanes and hit two pedestrians walking in front of an apartment building just north of Islip High School. Luis Trujillo, 67, of Islip has been identified as the pedestrian killed in the crash. Veronica Deleon, 47, of Brentwood has been identified as the pedestrian who suffered serious injuries. The teen remains in police custody on $50,000 bail. (News 12 Bronx)
- If you like seafood, why not try Long Island’s new restaurant Ocean Crab House located at 3720 NY-112 in Coram. The restaurant offers both online orders and dine-in services; some online reviewers have praised the eatery’s seafood offerings. (Daily Voice)
- A Wyandanch building that serves both veterans and the community is about to undergo some major renovations. The VFW filed an application through the Town of Babylon to seek federal Housing and Urban Development funds and the town has hired Austin Interiors Inc.to do the work for $292,000. (Subscription: Newsday)
Today’s Smithtown Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
- Sweetbriar Nature Center: “Hoping for a miracle. This little button buck was found on the side of the road listless and could hardly stand. Most likely he was hit by a car. Our friends at Strong island were able to transport the deer to us.” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Performing Arts Center: “We’re dancing our way into the New Year with performances of Frozen Jr! Monday-Thursday at 1 p.m. ❄️ 🎟: smithtownpac.org, #spac, #longisland, #longislandtheatre, #frozen.” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Smithtown Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You’re officially in the loop for today. See you all tomorrow morning for another update!
— Diane Witek
About me: Impassioned Writer, Website Designer, Social Media Marketer and newly proclaimed Baker. Lover of nature and animals of all kinds.