#teacher | Caught on camera: Teacher’s assistant saves choking student



A teacher’s assistant in South Carolina is a lifesaver, literally.


Tami Gosnell leaped to action when a child was in trouble.


Hunter Peery, a fourth-grader, was eating a sausage patty during lunch at school.


“I realized I couldn’t breathe,” Peery said.


He started choking. Gosnell moved into action and started the Heimlich maneuver.


“I really thought I was going to die because the first time she did it, it didn’t come out,” Peery said.


“I did it a second time, and it did work that time,” Gosnell said.


“It actually hit one of my tooth, chipped one of my tooth,” Peery said. “And went straight out onto my plate to the rest of my sausage, and I’m like, ‘I’m not eating that.’”


On Wednesday, police honored Gosnell with a special recognition for her action.



She credits the school’s yearly first aid training for being prepared.


“You see these kids as your own,” Gosnell said. “And I couldn’t imagine had things turned out any other way.”


“I think she is a hero,” Peery said. “One of the angels above, because she saved my life.”


Source link