Who: Cheryl and her two boys Connor and Max
Agency: The Arc Eastern Connecticut
Their situation: Cheryl is a single mother with intellectual and developmental disabilities who is determined to use as little state assistance as possible to maintain her apartment and care for her sons, both of whom have special needs. Her part-time job, however, and the crafts she makes and sells are not enough to make ends meet.
What to give:
- The family would really appreciate gift cards for food from Walmart and Stop & Shop.
- Sheets and pillowcases for one twin and two queen size beds, pots, pans, potholders, under-bed storge bins, and any type of closet organizers.
- Connor (age 13): Matchbox trucks, sweatsuit size M, baseball cap
- Max (age 17): race car posters, action movies, sweatsuit size L, baseball cap
- Both boys have a PlayStation 4 and like action games.
- Cheryl: tops and leggings size L, soap and lotion set, any type of craft item. Cheryl also would love an iPad to stay connected to her medical and service providers and to help her sons with their schoolwork.
To donate: Monetary donations can be sent to The Arc Eastern Connecticut, attn: Denise Tift, 125 Sachem St., Norwich, CT 06360; include “Make a Difference” in the memo. Donors must make an appointment for in-person donations by calling (860) 889-4435.